Metal Roofing Services
Is your home roofing in need of a refresh or a replacement? Have you considered a metal roof? A growing and popular roofing trend for residential homes is metal roofing. For many already, this roofing structure has provided many benefits. That being said, there are still some issues that many have found with their metal roofing. If you are considering metal roofing for your home, contact the contractors at Quality Exteriors, Inc., (651) 796-2341. Any one of our experienced contractors or roofers will be able to go over the best metal roofing material for you, why your roof decking is important, and the cost benefits of investing in a metal roof. Call us at (651) 796-2341, for metal roofing in the St Paul, MN area.
Metal Roofing Benefits
Metal roofing has become a popular trend for both residential and commercial buildings. Specifically speaking for residential properties, metal roofing can provide a host of benefits, including:
- Lightweight: Most metal sheets or shingles are lightweight, which means they won’t require additional support.
- Durability: Steel and aluminum roofing is incredibly durable and resistant to extreme weather conditions like wind, hail, and even fire.
- Energy efficient: Metal reflects UV rays and the sheets or panels are typically white or light in color, so they don’t absorb as much heat. This means your home is cooler in the summer and very well insulated in the winter.
- Low maintenance: When installed correctly, metal roofing requires little to no maintenance, except after storms. Otherwise, there is very little that homeowners need to do to maintain this roofing type.
- Style: Metal roof colors and even textures are varied, which means that homeowners have a vast array of options to choose from so their roof matches their style.
Metal roofing is great because, depending on what you choose, it can go right over your roof decking. But to make sure your roof is properly installed, you’ll want to have a contractor inspect everything and make sure the roof decking is in good condition. Your roof decking is essential in protecting your home from damage as well as supporting and protecting your roof. A metal roof without decking can lead to serious problems. The contractors with Quality Exteriors, Inc. have plenty of experience with roof inspections as well as with roof decking. Contact us today at, (651) 796-2341.
Metal Roof Issues
Metal roofs are very popular, but there are some disadvantages to consider before investing in this type of roof.
- Cost: While metal roofs are desirable, the initial cost is much higher than a traditional asphalt roof. And some don’t find the cost benefit from saving in energy bills making up for the overall cost to install a metal roof.
- Sound: A metal roof with insulation can still make quite a bit more sound during heavy rain and hail storms. While some homeowners may be willing or able to overlook that, it can pose a problem for others.
- Snow: In areas with heavy snow, because a metal roof is so slick, when the snow becomes to thick or heavy on a roof it is more likely to slide off and injure someone below.
- Denting & Damage: While metal roofs are crowned for being durable, they can still be damaged by things like wind and hail. Denting is a big problem, creating not only issues for leaks, but making your roof look uneven.
Regardless of your decision, there will still be problems and there will still be disadvantages, but at the end of the day metal roofing is an investment. And because this is a costly investment, you want to be sure that you are making a good and well-thought out investment. The same can be said about any electrical services you may need for your home. As a homeowner in the Des Plaines, IL area, you want to make sure you are investing in quality electrical services.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the disadvantages of a metal roof?
It can vary from person to person, but generally speaking, many see the initial cost, potential sound, issues with snow, and denting as major disadvantages to investing in a metal roof.
How long will a metal roof last?
When installed correctly and maintained, a metal roof can last upwards of 50 years.
Does a metal roof add value to a home?
Yes, studies show that adding a metal roof can increase your home resale value and you’ll recoup an average of 85.9% of your costs on a metal roof.
How much does it cost to put on a metal roof?
Homeowners should expect to pay between $14,500 and $20,000 for a complete metal roof replacement, but Quality Exteriors, Inc. offers competitive pricing for both services and materials.
Does a metal roof lower insurance?
Metal roofs can lower your insurance premiums because of how durable they are to wind, hail, and even fire.
Contact Quality Exteriors, Inc. for Quality Services
Whether or not you choose a metal roof, the most important part of any roof is the roof decking. Quality Exteriors, Inc. has years of experience with repair, maintenance, and replacement of roof decking for all kind of homes. This becomes even more important for metal roofing. So when you are considering a metal roof, contact us to discuss your options. Call Quality Exteriors, Inc. today, (651) 796-2341, for metal roofing in the St Paul, MN area.